In consideration of being allowed to participate in the Grace Life Church of the Nazarene, Inc. sand volleyball program (dba New Albany Sand Volleyball) and related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1. There is risk of injury from the activities involved in this program and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
4. I, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Grace Life Church of the Nazarene their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors and advertisers used to conduct the event (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5. Allow Grace Life Church of the Nazarene, Inc./New Albany Sand Volleyball to post pictures that may include you and/or your team on its website.
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
By signing this waiver, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my family, friends and/or I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by participating in the New Albany Sand Volleyball program and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, league organizers, Grace Life Nazarene church, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to family, friends or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my family and friends may experience or incur in connection with my or their attendance at the program events and games. On my behalf, and on behalf of my family, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the New Albany Sand Volleyball program and Grace Life Church of the Nazarene, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the the church and this program, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any program events or games.